Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu 2 Days
Inca Trail to Machu Picchu 2 Days With Hotel. Is an ideal option for those who wish to see the main attractions of the original Inca trail.
Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu 2 days With Hotel
Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu 2 Days is an ideal option for those who wish to see the main attractions of the original Inca trail in half the time and requires less effort than the original Inca Trail Hike Tours. The beautiful remains of Wiñayhuayna, which is known as little Machupicchu, will still be seen in this two-day Inca trek.
You will have the opportunity to view Machupicchu twice in this best 2 day Inca Trail. The hike for this short Machu Picchu 2 day trip is more gentle than the original Inca trail for four days and three nights. At the end of your trip, there is an option for you to relax in the hot springs of Aguas Calientes google Maps.
Inca Trail Covid-19 Health Guidelines
Due to the Coronavirus situation, we have taken a couple of precautions to keep our client’s health and safety during the Inca Trail.
- We follow the “Health Guidelines for COVID-19 for Tourist Destinations” issued by the Cusco and Machu Picchu Sanctuary Regulation.
- We keep our groups small: 2-8 participants Max.
- Everybody needs to wear a mask.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer and soap are available during the whole tour.
- Our Tour Leaders check that the participants and staff use masks and clean their hands correctly.
- Our Leaders check the body temperature of passengers regularly and monitor and record any incident.
- The Tour Leaders remind participants about health and safety guidelines during the trip.
- Our Guides have emergency numbers ready to report any suspect coronavirus case.
- The most important toll-free emergency number is 113 to report any Covid-19 case or seek medical help!
Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
2 Days Map
Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu 2 Days Itinerary
DAY 1: km 104 Hike to Wiñayhuayna Machupicchu
At 4 am you will be picked up from your hotel and go on a 2-hour drive towards Ollantaytambo. Here you will board the Machupicchu Train but we will get off from the train on Km 104 this is before Aguas Calientes town’s last stop of the Peru Rail Train Station KM 104. You will pass the control center and start walking gradually up onto the Inka trail towards the Wiñayhuayna Inca site.
You’ll have a chance to explore the Inka remains and your Tour leader will explain to you valuable information about the area afterward you will make a stop at winayhuayna campsite to enjoy your lunch and use facilities.
You will continue walking the Inca Trail for 2 more hours until the Sun Gate is reached. This is the main entrance to Machupicchu. You’ll be able to take plenty of photographs here.
Please note that only a portion of Machu Picchu is open to you at this point. You will have access to the full archeological site on the next day. After you’ve taken your dream pictures you’ll take the Bus to Aguas Calientes town and enjoy a nice hot shower at your hotel before dinner.
DAY 2: Visit the Lost and Mystical City of the Incas.
After your adventure on this best two days Inca trail, We strongly recommend you wake up early in the morning for many reasons. We want you to avoid long lines at the bus station so you can catch one of the first buses to Machu Picchu. It will truly be a beautiful and spectacular view. After two hours of a guided tour, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the site on your own.
If you have purchased the optional entrance to either Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain your tour leader will drop you off at the entrance while you go and explore on your own. You’ll be informed by what time to return to Aguas Calientes for lunch (not included) and then board the train back to Ollantaytambo or Poroy, depending on your schedule.
Tour Leaders Peru is going to make sure about your transportation, We will be waiting for you out the site of the Peru rail train Station and take you back to Cusco and drop you off at your respective hotel.
- Temperature checks for all traveler are mandatory
- Face masks required for travelers and staff in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff at all times
- High traffic places and equipment sanitized regularly between use
- Maximum 8 people per group to reduce crowds, for bigger groups we will assign two teams
- Transportation and touristic sites capacity will be reduced to 50%
- Printed material such as maps or vouchers will be avoided.
- 100% online payments with no booking fees at all
- Flexible bookings during COVID – 19 outbreak
Additional Inca Trail Information
- 100% Operated by Tour Leaders Peru, we never mix our groups with other travel companies
- Pick up from Airport and Hotel Cusco – included
- 4-star hotels in both Lima & Cusco (apply for Peru packages)
- Bus suttle Round Trip from Machu Pichu
- Machu Picchu entrance Tickets.
- Packed Lunch
- Best English Speakers Tour Leaders, We know Communication is very important in your trip
- Early tour in Machu Picchu (important tip)
- Hotel Aguas Calientes with all facilities
- Free and Safe Storage in Cusco and Aguas Calientes while you are hiking and visiting Machu Picchu
- Private transportation
- Perfect Location For Photographers
- Comfortable and Panoramic Train to Aguas Calientes.
- Pre-departure briefing at 7:00 pm the night before your tour in our office or your Hotel.
- Collection from your Hotel in Cusco from (05:30 am).
- Private transportation (Start of our tour).
- Meals for the entire tour (1 Lunch 1 Dinner) + snacks (vegetarian, vegan option, gluten, wheat-free, or special diets upon your request.)
- Permit and fees for the Inca Trail Park and Machupicchu Sanctuary.
- Excellent experienced top tour guides (9-16 person / 6-8 with 1 tour guide)
- Emergency First-aid kit and Oxygen assistance.
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes (***)
- 3-4 hours guided tour in Machupicchu
- Round trip Bus Ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu.
- Tourist Expedition train return to Poroy Station or Ollantaytambo.
- Bus to Cusco
- Tips for the trekking crew, Guides at your discretion.
- Flight Ticket to Cusco.
- Accommodation in Cusco. (see recommendation)
- Travel Insurance. (check that your insurance covers you for treks above 4,200 masl) and (COVID-19)
We are excited to be part of your adventure and lead you to one of the Seven Wonders of the World. Make sure to book your tour in advance.
If you are thinking to do the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu Only 500 people a day are permitting on the Inca Trail of which 250 are reserved for tourists and this Inca trail Permit applies for two days of the Inca Trail. Machu Picchu allows 2500 tourists daily. Don’t miss your adventure!
FROM $488.00 PER PERSON
- 2 Trekkers: $610.00 per person
- 3 Trekkers: $591.70 per person
- 4 Trekkers: $567.00 per person
- 5 Trekkers: $549.00 per person
- 6 Trekkers: $518.00 per person
- 8 or more Trekkers: $488.00
Note: An initial deposit of $300 is required to reserve your spot. We require this deposit in order to buy train and bus tickets, an entrance fee to Machupicchu, and to reserve your hotel. The remaining balance is due 21 days prior to your trek departure. Please see our Terms and Conditions.
- Long-sleeved Thermal Shirt
- Thermal form-fitting pants
- Polar Fleece
- Trekking pants
- Thick socks
- Waterproof Jacket
- Waterproof pants (optional)
- Insulated Jacket
- Cold weather Hat
- Buff/ handkerchief
- Sun hat
- Backpack 20-30 L
- Waterproof cover for backpack
- Trekking shoes (waterproof and firm)
- Sport shoes/ sandals for campsites
- Camping pillow
- Sleeping bag liner (optional)
- Sturdy water bottle
- Trekking poles
- Plastic bags for wet items
- Toiletry kit (toothbrush, wet wipes, etc)
- Swimsuit/ towel
- Sunscreen (SPF 50+ recommended)
- Sunscreen lip protector
- Insect repellent
- Personal Medications
- Motion sickness tablets for the van ride
- Camera/ Extra battery
- Personal snacks
- Hand warmers (optional)
- Leisure book for evenings
- Cash and small coins
This tour Hotel in which wifi, a private bathroom, and a hot shower are included. Prices are based on shared room occupancy. Single rooms are available at an extra fee ($50). Please inform your booking if you wish to have a single room otherwise you will share with another member from the group.
Other hotels are available upon request such as Sumaq hotel, La Cabana, Tierra Viva, Casa Andina, El Mapi and etc. Prices vary depending on the season. If you want a luxurious hotel that is located right next to Machupicchu then the Belmond SANCTUARY LODGE MACHUPICCHU is your best option.
Read our article: what is the difference between Huayna Picchu and Machu Picchu Mountain?
If you want to climb Huayna Picchu make sure to book in advance as there are only 400 permits allowed daily to this location.
$50 per person Please notify us during your booking if you wish to purchase this upgrade.
From Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo: Prices vary from $57.00 to $73.00 per person one-way.
Machupicchu Mountain offers even more magnificent views than Huayna Picchu. There are also only 400 permits allowed daily to this location. A 360-degree view of Machupicchu and the surrounding valley and glaciers are seen from this mountain.
US$35 per person Please notify us during your booking if you wish to purchase this upgrade.
Additional Night in Aguas Calientes hotel
The price depends on the season and Hotel availability.
If you did not have the opportunity to book an additional upgrade this one is available for free. It is an hour and a half round trip hike.
If you did not have the opportunity to book an additional upgrade this one is available for free. It is a two-hour round-trip hike.
Peru Tours Reviews
We are available 24/7
Get in Touch
Food & Drink
Healthy Organic Gourmet meals in all our inca Trail Tours To Machu Picchu
Daily Seasonal Food on each trip and Tours
Peruvian cuisine has only recently exploded onto the international culinary stage, but Peruvians have always been crazy about their nation’s culinary heritage, and they steadfastly cling to the traditional, multiculti flavors of home. Even in the face of modern gastronomic innovation. A range of climates, from high altitude to low, offers an impressive diversity of produce. Yes, that means potatoes over 3800 kinds but also a variety of corn and other grains, to say nothing of the country’s native aji chilies that are often puréed into sauces.
Coffee, Tea, Water, & Assorted Beverages
Every morning and afternoon, before and after your daily hikes you will find hot drinks and snacks in your dining tent.
*Special Diets Available Upon Request
Why You Should Travel with Tour Leader Peru?
Free luggage storage when you are traveling or Hiking with us
REI Camping Equipment for each trip
We are not affiliated with this rei.com Brand But as a local Tour operator we support local business and our customer enjoy their private Sleeping tent only for two persons to learn more in our Camping Equipment for Inca trail
Private Eco Toilets
We do not share public toilet along the Inca trail we carry our portable ECO Toilets Only for our Groups
Peruvian Gourmet Food on each Tours
Food Include in each Trek, Vegetarian option available. we really take care of your gluten-free food contact with our office for any food restriction.
Private Transportation on each trip
As a responsible tour operator in Peru, we do not share our mobility with other tourists, all our transportation is only for your group or family members.
Best Chaskis (Porters)
We do not overbear our staff, they are principal resources in this travel industry
We leave no trace
We carry all our Trash From The begging to the end of each hike keeping clean all our hiking trail
- Private and Group Tours
- Small-Group Tours (consisting of 8 people)
- Escorted Bus Tours
- Independent City Stays
- Multi-Destination Rail Packages
- Customized Travel Vacations
- Custom Groups and Individuals Packages
- Group Air Packages
Travel Articles related to Inca Trail
Have a Question For the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu 2 Days?
Talk With The Experts
Short Inca Trail
The trail itself is breathtaking, but the end of the trail is a spectacular sight as you reach the ancient ruins of Machu Picchu at sunrise. The classic Inca trail runs 26 miles (42 km) long, is usually hiked over 4 days and 3 nights and is tucked away in the beautiful Andes mountains in Peru.
Are vegetarian, vegan, and/or other special diet needs available?
Of course! Without any additional costs! When you make your reservation, please inform us of any dietary needs or requirements, including allergies!
Vegetarian foods will be absent of all meats, chicken, or fish. We will assume that eggs and cheese or other lactose products are OK. of all meats, chicken, or fish. We will assume that eggs and cheese or other lactose products are OK.
Most of the main meals in our long trips are buffet-style, leaving you the option to avoid anything undesirable to you.
If there are any food items or veggies that you cannot stomach, perhaps onions, tomatoes, mushrooms.. etc, upon your request we will ask our chef to leave them out or separate this item.
We can also attend lactose-intolerant or gluten-intolerant diets. We cannot accept individuals with serious allergic or life-threatening reactions.
I have a food allergy. May I still participate?
Every day we receive many clients with food allergies or restrictions such as nuts, wheat, etc. Please inform us in detail of your condition upon making your reservation.
We kindly ask that you declare the severity of your reaction and any medication that you take in case of an emergency.
If your allergy is severe, we ask that you be accompanied by a friend or individual conscious and fully responsible for your situation and ready with any medication.
WE CANNOT ACCEPT CLIENTS WITH LIFE-THREATENING ALLERGIES
How difficult is this 2 days Inca Trek? Do I need to be in good physical condition?
All our treks (Short Inka Trail, Salkantay, Ausangate, Lares, etc) are moderately difficult, lengthy, and traverse rough mountain terrain. We kindly recommend that if you plan to conquer any of these routes to be in relatively good physical condition, plus acclimatization.
This means arriving in Cusco at least 02 days prior to your trek departure to adjust to the altitude. During the last two months leading up to your trek, we suggest a regular and moderate exercise routine to improve endurance and stamina. We wish for you to have the best experience possible!
When must I arrive in Cusco or arrive to your office?
We require that all clients arrive in Cusco at least 48 hours before the start of your trek, although 03 nights before is ideal. You must pay your remaining balance two days before your departure for your trek. This will assure that all individuals are acclimatized and adjusted to the high altitude conditions to begin your trek comfortably. Please note that your remaining balance must be paid in cash in our office and cannot be paid before your arrival.
Best time to hike Inca Trail
Do we need hiking poles for this short trail?
For this trek more than any other, we do recommend hiking sticks, especially for those with any known knee problems. The poles will assist your balance and reduce the impact on your knees.
Check our Items for rent if there available for rent Hiking Poles
Due to Coronavirus Machu Picchu Tickets and Inca Trail, Permits can be Changed
This is an unprecedented opportunity to perhaps salvage some of your expenses if you canceled a trip to Machu Picchu. The borders of Peru are closed and train service to Machu Picchu is suspended since March 17, 2020, to limit the spread of Covid19. The Peru government has extended the border closing now until October 30, 2020. However, they announced that international flights to Peru will resume on January 1, 2021.
Related Inca Trail To Machu Picchu Hiking Tours
CLASSIC INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU 4D/3N
5 DAY INCA TRAIL | FOR FAMILY AND FRIENDS
Total distance: 26 miles/23km
Good for Hikers
Difficulty: Quite Challenging
Inca Trail: Permit Require
SALKANTAY & INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU 7 DAYS
Total distance: 46.7 miles/75km
Good for Hikers
Difficulty: Quite Challenging
Inca Trail: Permit Require
LARES TREK & INCA TRAIL 4 DAYS
Total distance: 29,3miles/47km
Good for Hikers
Difficulty: Quite Challenging
Inca Trail: Permit Require