Manu National Park tours. Journey into the Manu National Park | Eco Tour Peru. Is the first destination, For biologists, Nature lovers, and bird watchers.
The Manu National Park has been protected since 1973 and boasts the most Iconic Animals Trom Amazon Jungle. Such as Caimans, Monkeys, Giant River Otters, Jaguars, Quetzals, and uncountable species of flora and fauna in the Peruvian Amazon.
From: $ 1035 per person
Why Join Us? What makes us different than others tour operator In Peru?
Tour Leaders Peru truly cares about its Customers, Staff, and our Environment. We are Eco-friendly.
- 100% Operated by Tour Leaders Peru, we never put you with other tour operators.
- Pick up from Airport and Hotel
- Top of the line equipment REI Co-op Half Dome 4 Tent. Only for Two Persons Learn more
- 8 kg per person, other companies offer you only 6 kg
- Best English Speakers Tour Leaders, We know Communication is very important in your trip
- Extraordinary Chefs! Don’t get stressed about food and forget your power bar. We serve you a 5-star outdoor restaurant with delicious organic gourmet food in your dining tent.
- Hotel Aguas Calientes Hot Shower, Wifi private room (base on tree stars
- Free and Safe Storage in Cusco and Aguas Calientes while you are hiking and visiting Machupicchu
- Bus Ticket from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes 35 minutes ride.
- Private Camping sites. We avoid the crowds from other explorers
- Cocalmayo/Santa Teresa Hot Springs and hike an original short Inca trail along Salkantay Trek- other tour companies offer only 1 option we include BOTH
- Early Train from Aguas Calientes, 2: 55 pm. We arrive in Cusco by 8 pm in case you have other tours os fly back from Cusco to Lima.
- Dinner in one of the most renown restaurant
This tour is 6 days 5 Nights start.
- Length: 6 Days/5 Nights
- Type of service: Private or Group
- Location: Southern Peru, Madre de Dios Department, Manu National Park, jungle trips, Manu Peruvian
- Activities: Culture, parrot clay lick, Machuwasi Lake, Manu Peruvian jungle, jungle trips, rainforest
- Altitude: 400 – 3,600 m.a.s.l.
- Best time to visit: May – December
- Departure: Every day
- Minimum of participants: 2
- Maximum of participants: 10
Price per person: USD
The departure for the Manu National Park | Eco Tour Peru begins from Cusco City. Early on the first day, and travel as far as the cloud forest, where we will stop and wonder. Keeping our eyes peeled for the National Andean birt Cock of the Rock (Gallito de las Rocas), monkeys, and several colorful birds.
From the cloud forest. We will travel down into the Peruvian jungle by boat, and travel downriver, watching the mountains disappear, replaced by lush green forest.
There is no guarantee that you will see any particular animal as they are unpredictable. Because you will see in the natural habitat be patient, positive and follow our advice to see most of them. We encourage travelers to grab binoculars and work as a team to spot animals along the way. The more pairs of eyes keeping a lookout, the more chance the group will have to spot critters in the trees or on the riverbanks.
We will spend 2 nights in the reserved zone of the Manu Park. Where we will explore the area. visiting a lake, walking through the jungle, and learning about the wealth of animals and plants around us. You will be provided with rubber boots to keep your feet nice and dry. And you sleep in a rustic, clean lodge run by a native community. Though deep in the jungle, you will sleep comfortably and will always have access to showers, hot food, and other amenities.
On the way back to Cusco from the Manu National Park, we will spend the final night of the tour in our hometown of New Eden, where our family will welcome you as a local with local food and hospitality. You’ll get to enjoy a glimpse into small jungle town life, and see the Milky Way glimmering in all it’s glory once the sun has set. We will have a bonfire, and swap stories and fables.
The Manu National Park | Eco Tour Peru is for animal enthusiasts who wish to travel in style while having the opportunity to see some of the most elusive and powerful animals of the Peruvian Jungle.
Day 1: Bus Trip and Nature Guiding
Cusco to Patria (Stay in Bambu Lodge) The first day we will travel in a private van from the city of Cusco, through the cloud forest, and down into the jungle. We will pick you up at your hotel early in the morning, and enjoy watching the sun light up the Andes as the day begins. At breakfast time, we will stop in a colonial town called Paucartambo. Here, we will have breakfast and learn about this colorful and unique place. After leaving Paucartambo, we will notice the vegetation, temperature, and sky begin to change as we leave the highland behind and head into the cloud forest.
We will take a pitstop in Ajanaco, the official entrance to the Manu National Park to get proper equipment. As we descend into the cloud forest, we will look for the first signs of jungle life: monkeys and birds. We will be particularly on the look-out for the Cock of the Rock – the National bird of Peru. In the afternoon, we will arrive at our lodge where we can explore the premises and rest, enjoying the sounds and clean jungle air.
Day 2: Patria to Nuevo Eden **optional stop in hot springs **
After an early breakfast, the adventure continues to the port town of Atalaya. Here, our boat will be waiting for us to begin our journey on the river. We will travel down the river, away from the Andes and into the Amazon. We will travel about 4 hours by boat until we arrive in Nuevo Eden and to our very own house for the night: the Jungle Bungalow. Throughout the day, we will enjoy the changing nature and be on the lookout for wildlife along the riverbanks. In the evening after dinner we can explore the area after dark, going on a night walk to search for tarantulas, frogs, snakes, and other nighttime creepy crawlies Day.
Day 3: Nuevo Eden to Casa Matsiguenka in Manu National Park
Our day will begin early in the morning. Returning to our boat to continue our trip down-river. on this day we will spend most of the day on the water heading into the Manu National Park Reserve Zone. We will keep our eyes peeled for beach-dwellers: caiman and Jaguars being the elusive kings of the rivers in these areas. About 3 hours into our trip, we will reach the intersection of the 2 main rivers of this section of Amazon: The Madre de Dios and the Manu Rivers. Here we will stop at the Limonal ranger station, and learn a bit more about the Manu National Park and the wildlife we will be hoping to see. We will arrive at the Casa Matsiguenka in time for dinner and a night walk to enjoy this new section of the jungle.
About the Casa Matsiguenka:
A rustic and cozy lodge with basic amenities. it’s one of the only of its kind inside the Manu National Park. It was built by a German NGO in order to help the native communities who live in the area. By staying at this lodge. We are helping to support people who are still living a very traditional life in the jungle. They will have some handicrafts for sale, and everyone working to run and maintain the lodge is from one of the native communities of Tayacome and Yomibato.
Manu national park Peru
Day 4: Casa Matsiguenka.
After traveling by boat and van, we have finally arrived deep in the jungle. We will make the most of this opportunity and explore the area in depth. In the morning, we will find our way to Salvador Lake where we will navigate in a small catamaran. Salvador Lake is home to families of Giant River Otters, which we will spot having lunch if we are lucky.
This lake is a haven for many other types of animals too: monkeys, birds, and even caiman. The catamaran is very slow and peaceful and you can have a go at paddling it with your tour guide or fellow traveler. After lunch and our time on the lake, we will explore some of the paths through this wild jungle, looking for the animals who inhabit it, learning about the important, unique relationships between different jungle creatures. You will also have time to rest, play football, or practice some archery around the lodge.
Day 5: Casa Matsiguenka to Nuevo Eden
We will get moving early in the morning, heading back upriver. And hoping for the last time for a glimpse of Mr. Jaguar: the king of the jungle. In the morning, jaguars like to sunbathe and come to the river to drink, so if we are very lucky and the weather is right, we may cross paths with him. We will retrace our steps through Limonal ranger station, and back upriver to our little house in Nuevo Eden. Our family will have a BBQ waiting for us, (vegetarian option available) so we can relax and enjoy our last night with the clean air and enchanting sounds of the jungle.
Day 6: Nuevo Eden to Cusco
We will bid the LLaqui family. And our little house farewell as we continue our journey back to Cusco by boat. Then by private van. As you leave the jungle behind and watch the mountains turn from lush green to arid and rocky. We hope that you will have learned a little more about the life and nature of the jungle and that you will have discovered something unexpected. Manu National Park | Eco Tour Peru 6 Days and 5 nights.
HOW TO BOOK
We are available to speak to you by phone Toll-Free (888) 812-8687 or USA Representative (408) 707-6463 OR Email us at:
- PERUtourleadersperu@gmail.com USA
Please fill out our Booking Form and pay the $400 deposit of your tour. Tour Leaders Peru Adventure will email you back that same day with your confirmation. We always send out confirmations. If for some reason you do not hear from us, contact our office and we will resend.
We are happy and ready to take you on this exciting travel adventure. Thank you for trusting in us.
Additional Night in Aguas Calientes hotel
The price depends on the season and Hotel availability
Items for rent
- Single Tent $40 (if you wish to sleep alone)
- Sleeping Bag $20 per person (minus 5 degrees Celsius)
- Air Mattress $20 per person (REI inflatable mattress)
- Professional Walking Poles $20 per pair
- Backpacks $25
- Head Lamp $10
- Extra kilograms $10/kg (Example 5kg=$50)’
We recommend you bring the following:
- Sleeping Bag
- Hiking Boots
- Walking sticks (available for rent)
- Warm clothing due to variable temperatures especially at night
- Headlamp / Flashlight with extra batteries
- Camera and charger
- Sun Protection: Hat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Gloves, Scarf
- Insect Repellant
- Rain Poncho / Good rain jacket
- – Transportation: private van and boat
- – Accommodation: lodges
- – 3 meals per day: breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- – Daily snacks: fruit, cookies, crackers, juice, etc Let us know if you have any dietary requests or allergies
- – Rubber boots, rain poncho, hammock
- – Chef – Bi-lingual, local tour guide
- – Drinking-Water
- – First Aid kit
What To Bring:
- – Sunblock
- – Mosquito repellent (40% DEET)
- – Swimsuit – Towel – Hiking sandals and/or flip flops
- – Rain jacket & pants (depending on the season)
- – Long socks – Sleeping bag & camping mattress
- – Flashlight: either headlamp or handheld with extra batteries. (a cellphone flashlight is not enough!)
- – Camera
- – Waterproof bags for your electronics and valuables
- – Basic first aid kit – Hat, sunglasses
- – Binoculars (8×42 recommended)
- – Small backpack to carry water, camera, sunscreen, etc
- – Clothes -for walking in the jungle: natural colors, long sleeves, long pants, lightweight.
- -for traveling and hanging out at the house: shorts, short sleeves (always have a sweater handy just in case!)
- DepartureEvery DayDeparture TimeEarly morning return TimeNightIncludedNot Included
Note: An initial deposit of $400 is required to reserve your spot. The remaining balance is due 21 days prior to your Tour. We require this deposit in order to buy train and bus tickets, entrance fees to Machupicchu, Sacred Valley Tour, City Tour and to reserve your hotel in Aguas Calientes.
PRICES ARE BASED ON SHARED ROOM OCCUPANCY. SINGLE ROOMS ARE AVAILABLE FOR AN EXTRA FEE ($40). PLEASE INFORM UPON YOUR BOOKING IF YOU WISH TO HAVE A SINGLE ROOM OTHERWISE YOU WILL SHARE WITH ANOTHER MEMBER OF THE GROUP. OTHER HOTELS ARE AVAILABLE UPON REQUESTS SUCH AS SUMAQ HOTEL, LA CABANA, TIERRA VIVA, CASA ANDINA, EL MAPI, AND ETC. PRICES VARY DEPENDING ON THE SEASON. IF YOU WANT A LUXURIOUS HOTEL THAT IS LOCATED RIGHT NEXT TO MACHUPICCHU THEN THE BELMOND SANCTUARY LODGE MACHUPICCHU IS YOUR BEST OPTION.
*If you book your own hotel there is a $40 discount per person*
What To Bring:
- Original passport and (ISIC student card if applicable).
- A comfortable 45 Lt trek backpack if you want to carry all your belongings.
- A small daypack to carry your personal belongings
- Warm sleeping bag Minus 8ºC (You can hire from SAS Travel.)
- Lighter style trekking boots with good ankle support or tough sport shoes, (light sandals or clogs are recommended to rest at campsites).
- Trekking poles with rubber tips. (metal tips are not allowed on the trail).
- Warm clothes, layers for variable temperature especially at night
- Thermal underwear can be worn in the sleeping bag or in cold conditions
- Gloves or mittens, scarf, wool socks, woolen hat for cold nights
- T-shirts and trekking pants that zip off to short pants for comfort
- Flashlight, head torch, and extra batteries
- Camera and extra batteries, – Binoculars
- Wear a hat with a broad visor to keep the sun off your face
- Sunscreen, and sunglasses
- Personal medical kit, insect repellent
- Rain Gear: a good rain jacket, rain poncho
- Toiletries, toilet paper, small towel
- 2-liter water bottle, (disposable plastic bottles are forbidden).
- Bathing suits for hot springs for hikers with a night in Aguas Calientes (5 Day Special Inca Trail)
- Extra money for drinks en route, Machupicchu and Aguas Calientes. ($10-15)
- Tips for (porters, cooks, guides. ($30-40) Not mandatory.
- Emergency money at least 200-300 soles. ($ 120)
Please take money for your own personal expense while on the trek. Peruvian Nuevo Soles is preferable. You may wish to buy yourself some beverages, souvenirs and/or tip your personal staff. If you hold an ISIC card or have any children traveling with you please notify the office during your booking. You will receive an additional discount upon proof of ISIC card and/or Passport.
SPECIAL STUDENT DISCOUNT
Students with ISIC Card: US$25 per person. Please send us a copy of your ISIC at the time of booking. Only the card on the left from the picture below is valid for the $25 discount.
Get In touch
Leave us a message