Huchuy Qosqo Trek 3 Days With Hotel
Huchuy Qosqo Trek Peru Bucket List in 2021
Huchuy Qosqo Trek To Machu Picchu
Huchuy Qosqo Trek to Machupicchu If you wish to go on a short trail and interesting Adventure Huchuy Qosqo 3D/2N is the suggested choice for you. One of the most important short Inca trails close to Cusco, you’ll have a chance to see the llamas and Alpacas enjoy the beautiful Pumamarka Canyon, and walk the balcony trail joining with the remarkable Inca sites Huchuy Qosqo (Little Cusco).
This trek is closest to Cusco and connects with the Sacred Valley of the Incas to Machupicchu. Huchuy Qosqo is known for its biodiversity and beautiful landscapes. You will have the chance to see endemic Peruvian trees and fauna, lakes, the variety of potato farmlands, glaciers, and different villages along the way. Join our team! “The adventure of a lifetime awaits you”
Huchuy Qosqo Trek Map
Huchuy Qosqo Trek 3 Days Itinerary
Day 1: Cusco – Tambomachay – Qenko
You’ll be picked up from your hotel in Cusco around 5 am with private transportation and arrive at the Archaeological site of Tambomachay where your trek begins.
We start to hike an uphill path that will take you to a site commonly known as the Puna region, which begins at an altitude of 3,800 meters. You’ll capture the change in vegetation and appreciate the scenery of lakes, villages, llamas, alpacas, and much more. Be sure to have your cameras on hand for you will want to take many pictures.
Day 2: Qenqo- Huchuy Qosqo-Sacred Valley -Aguas Calientes
After a delicious breakfast, you’ll begin walking for 1 hour until you reach the balcony of the Incas. From here you will have a spectacular view of the Sacred Valley, Andes Cordillera, glaciers, farmlands, rivers, and so much more. You’ll continue your trek until you reach a small canyon where you’ll walk an original Inca trail. This trail will take you to the Archaeological site of Huchuy Qosqo.
After your guided tour, you’ll continue walking until you reach the Urubamba river where you will have lunch. Afterward, private transportation takes you to Ollantaytambo. Before you board the train to Aguas Calientes town you’ll have dinner in Ollantaytambo. Once you arrive at Aguas Calientes you’ll be taken to your hotel for you to rest and prepare for the next day.
Day 3: Machu Picchu Tour and return To Cusco City.
Early bus to Machu Picchu or Climb to Huayna Picchu (Optional)
To avoid large lines and crowds we highly suggest you have a very early breakfast (5:00 am) at your hotel before taking the earliest bus to Machupicchu. We recommend everyone try and be the first ones in line because it fills up incredibly quickly. Enjoy the first view of Machupicchu and the sunrise (depending on the weather). Your tour leader will guide you throughout this magnificent Machupicchu tour for about 3 hours. If you book well in advance and have a Huayna Picchu or Machupicchu Mountain ticket, your tour leader will take you to the main entrance where you can explore these sites on your own.
Minimum Altitude:2100m/6888ft / Distance
Approximate Walking Time:4 – 5 Hours exploring Machu Picchu Citadel
After your Tour in Machu Picchu
Be sure to return to Aguas Calientes on time to board your train to Cusco. Your tour leader will specify the time after your guided tour. The train ride back to Ollantaytambo is approximately 2 hours followed by a 2-hour drive to Cusco. We will drop you off at your respective hotels in Cusco.
The train departs from Aguas Calientes
the train station in the afternoon at 16:45 pm and arrives in Cusco or ( Poroy train station ) at 8:30 pm, It depends on train ticket availability. Then we pick you up to transport you to Cusco and drop you in your respective hotels.
- Temperature checks for all traveler are mandatory
- Face masks required for travelers and staff in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff at all times
- High traffic places and equipment sanitized regularly between use
- Maximum 8 people per group to reduce crowds, for bigger groups we will assign two teams
- Transportation and touristic sites capacity will be reduced to 50%
- Printed material such as maps or vouchers will be avoided.
- 100% online payments with no booking fees at all
- Flexible bookings during COVID – 19 outbreak
Additional Inca Trail Information
- 100% Operated by Tour Leaders Peru, we never mix our groups with other travel companies
- Pick up from Airport and Hotel in both Lima & Cusco included
- 4-star hotels in both Lima & Cusco
- You will visit the “Peru Experience” attraction in Lima and learn how to make Pisco sour!
- Best English Speakers Tour Leaders, We know Communication is very important in your trip
- Extraordinary Chefs! Don’t get stressed about food and forget your power bar. We serve you a 5-star outdoor restaurant with delicious organic gourmet food in your dining tent.
- Hotel Aguas Calientes with all facilities
- Free and Safe Storage in Cusco and Aguas Calientes while you are hiking and visiting Machu Picchu
- Umantay Lake included (most companies skip this wonderful lake)
- Private transportation on each trip
- Perfect Location For Photographers
- Comfortable and Panoramic Train to Aguas Calientes.
- Pre-departure briefing at 7:00 pm the night before your tour in our office or your Hotel.
- Collection from your Hotel in Cusco from (05:30 am).
- Private transportation (Start of our trek).
- Breakfast on the First Day Morning.
- Full meals for the entire tour (4 Breakfast, 3 Lunch 3 Dinner) + snacks (vegetarian, vegan option, gluten, wheat-free, or special diets upon your request.)
- Permit and fees for the Inca Trail Park and Machupicchu Sanctuary.
- Porters to carry (camping equipment: client tents, dining and cooking tents, table, stools, cooking gear, stove, gas container, cutlery, plates, food, and fresh vegetables).
- 7-kilogram duffle bags (per Person)
- 2 Excellent experienced top tour guides (9-16 person / 6-8 with 1 tour guide)
- 2 expert gourmet mountain cooks, assistants.
- Hot drinks every afternoon include popcorn.
- Boiled water provided from 2nd day.
- 2 people per tent, clean, new, spacious (4 people REI Half Dome 4 tents).
- Thick, comfortable sleeping mattress,
- Buckets of hot water for washing in your tent every day.
- Biodegradable soap and hand cleansing gel.
- Emergency First-aid kit and Oxygen assistance.
- 3-4 hours guided tour in Machupicchu
- Round trip Bus Ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu.
- Tourist Expedition train return to Poroy Station or Ollantaytambo.
- Bus to Cusco
- Sleeping bag (4 season -Minus 8ºC)
- Tips for the trekking crew, Guides, Cooks, and porters at your discretion.
- Flight Ticket to Cusco.
- Accommodation in Cusco. (see recommendation)
- Travel Insurance. (check that your insurance covers you for treks above 4,200 masl) and (COVID-19)
We are excited to be part of your adventure and lead you to one of the Seven Wonders of the World. Make sure to book your tour in advance.
If you are thinking to do the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu Only 500 people a day are permitting on the Inca Trail of which 250 are reserved for tourists and this Inca trail Permit applies for two days of Inca Trail. Machu Picchu allows 2500 tourists daily. Don’t miss your adventure!
Price Group Service
Our tours are personalized and customized for you. Our Tour Leaders have years of experience guiding tourists with different hiking abilities. You can expect a wonderful time with Tour Leaders Peru Adventure!
From: $ 599 per person
2 Trekkers: $ 699 per person
3 Trekkers: $ 674 per person
4 Trekkers: $ 649 per person
5 Trekkers: $ 624 per person
6+ Trekkers: $599 per person
Note: An initial deposit of $300.00 is required to reserve your spot. We require this deposit to buy train and bus tickets, entrance fees to Machu Picchu, Inca trail admission ticket, and for your return transportation. The remaining balance is due 21 days prior to your trek. Please see our Terms and Conditions.
minimum of 2 people to book a tour
This price is based on Double Accommodation
SPECIAL DISCOUNT INFORMATION If you have a group of 6-8 people we give you a special discount. More than 10 people you can even travel free! If your interested starting date IS NOT LISTED we can open a new departure date at a group rate.
- Long-sleeved Thermal Shirt
- Thermal form-fitting pants
- Polar Fleece
- Trekking pants
- Thick socks
- Waterproof Jacket
- Waterproof pants (optional)
- Insulated Jacket
- Cold weather Hat
- Buff/ handkerchief
- Sun hat
- Backpack 20-30 L
- Waterproof cover for backpack
- Trekking shoes (waterproof and firm)
- Sport shoes/ sandals for campsites
- Camping pillow
- Sleeping bag liner (optional)
- Sturdy water bottle
- Trekking poles
- Plastic bags for wet items
- Toiletry kit (toothbrush, wet wipes, etc)
- Swimsuit/ towel
- Sunscreen (SPF 50+ recommended)
- Sunscreen lip protector
- Insect repellent
- Personal Medications
- Motion sickness tablets for the van ride
- Camera/ Extra battery
- Personal snacks
- Hand warmers (optional)
- Leisure book for evenings
- Cash and small coins
If you want to climb Huayna Picchu make sure to book in advance as there are only 400 permits allowed daily to this location.
$50 per person Please notify us during your booking if you wish to purchase this upgrade.
From Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo: Prices vary from $57.00 to $73.00 per person one-way.
Machupicchu Mountain offers even more magnificent views than Huayna Picchu. There are also only 400 permits allowed daily to this location. A 360-degree view of Machupicchu and the surrounding valley and glaciers are seen from this mountain.
US$35 per person Please notify us during your booking if you wish to purchase this upgrade.
Additional Night in Aguas Calientes hotel
The price depends on the season and Hotel availability.
If you did not have the opportunity to book an additional upgrade this one is available for free. It is an hour and a half round trip hike.
If you did not have the opportunity to book an additional upgrade this one is available for free. It is a two-hour round-trip hike.
Huchuy Qosqo Reviews
We are available 24/7
Get in Touch
Food & Drink
Healthy Organic Gourmet meals in all our inca Trail Tours To Machu Picchu
Daily Seasonal Food on each trip and Tours
Peruvian cuisine has only recently exploded onto the international culinary stage, but Peruvians have always been crazy about their nation’s culinary heritage, and they steadfastly cling to the traditional, multiculti flavors of home. Even in the face of modern gastronomic innovation. A range of climates, from high altitude to low, offers an impressive diversity of produce. Yes, that means potatoes over 3800 kinds but also a variety of corn and other grains, to say nothing of the country’s native aji chilies that are often puréed into sauces.
Coffee, Tea, Water, & Assorted Beverages
Every morning and afternoon, before and after your daily hikes you will find hot drinks and snacks in your dining tent.
*Special Diets Available Upon Request
Why You Should Travel with Tour Leader Peru?
Free luggage storage when you are traveling or Hiking with us
REI Camping Equipment for each trip
We are not affiliated with this rei.com Brand But as a local Tour operator we support local business and our customer enjoy their private Sleeping tent only for two persons to learn more in our Camping Equipment for Inca trail
Private Eco Toilets
We do not share public toilet along the Inca trail we carry our portable ECO Toilets Only for our Groups
Peruvian Gourmet Food on each Tours
Food Include in each Trek, Vegetarian option available. we really take care of your gluten-free food contact with our office for any food restriction.
Private Transportation on each trip
As a responsible tour operator in Peru, we do not share our mobility with other tourists, all our transportation is only for your group or family members.
Best Chaskis (Porters)
We do not overbear our staff, they are principal resources in this travel industry
We leave no trace
We carry all our Trash From The begging to the end of each hike keeping clean all our hiking trail
- Private and Group Tours
- Small-Group Tours (consisting of 8 people)
- Escorted Bus Tours
- Independent City Stays
- Multi-Destination Rail Packages
- Customized Travel Vacations
- Custom Groups and Individuals Packages
- Group Air Packages
Have a Question For the Lares Trek to Machu Picchu 4 Days?
Talk With The Experts
Huchuy QosQo FQAs
Huchuy Qosqo Trek to Machu Picchu is considered a moderate hike around Cusco Region. It’s not a technical hike but the altitude may affect some individuals. We recommend purchasing a Professional walking pole while in Cusco as it will help with your balance and reduce the load on your knees.
Related Trail To Machu Picchu Hiking Tours
You can do other tours to acclimatize to the altitude such as City Tour, Sacred Valley, and Maras Moray. This will make your tour adventure easier once you have acclimatized to the altitude. Nonetheless, the views are amazing and you will feel so accomplished at the end. The journey and your achievement of this hike are better than the destination. You will need very good walking shoes. In regards to clothing make sure to take waterproof/easy drying clothes as well as warm clothes because it gets cold at night.
This tour is a day shorter than the classic Salkantay Trek Adventure of 5D/4N. You will visit the exact same sites and will not miss any important landmarks. This tour is shortened from the classic trek on the third day in which you will have private transportation from La Playa to Hydroelectric town. From there you will board a train to Aguas Calientes. On the last day, you will visit and enjoy the magnificent Machu Picchu.
CLASSIC INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU 4D/3N
5 DAY INCA TRAIL | FOR FAMILY AND FRIENDS
Total distance: 26 miles/23km
Good for Hikers
Difficulty: Quite Challenging
Inca Trail: Permit Require
SALKANTAY & INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU 7 DAYS
Total distance: 46.7 miles/75km
Good for Hikers
Difficulty: Quite Challenging
Inca Trail: Permit Require
LARES TREK & INCA TRAIL 4 DAYS
Total distance: 29,3miles/47km
Good for Hikers
Difficulty: Quite Challenging
Inca Trail: Permit Require