Cusco City Tour Half Day
Visit Cusco in 2021
Cusco City Tour Half Day
City Tour Cusco Itinerary is certainly an important part of your visit to Peru and is without exception a principal stop along with the Citadel of Machupicchu. If you have plans to do other hiking tours around the Cusco region, or maybe you want to experience the flora and fauna of the Amazon Jungle such as Puerto Maldonado or Manu National Park, this city is definitely your first destination.
City Tour Cusco Itinerary is For Acclimatization is not only the main introduction of the city, but this city tour will also show the impressive valleys of Cusco and the mountains that surround this majestic place. At the same time, you’ll have the opportunity to meet the warm and friendly people of Cusco city, We can assure you will have good memories from your visit at this amazing Inca Capital of Latin America.
City Tour Cusco Itinerary
You will have the morning free to rest, shop, or do any other personal activities. At 1:00 pm we will meet you in your hotel lobby and commence our tour starting with the Main Plaza of Cusco, also known as Plaza de Armas. Here in this plaza we will also visit the Main Cathedral of Cusco still maintained since the Spanish conquest. We then head to the Qoricancha Museum (Temple of the Sun). This museum was an important place of worship to the Sun God for the Incas. When the Spaniards entered the city they ordered to paint all the walls with religious motifs to hide any Inca designs. After Cusco’s 1950 earthquake, the walls in this museum cracked, and out came to light those Magnificent Inca representations that were hidden for so long. You will enjoy the great history that is described in this place by our expert Tour Leader. After Qoricancha we head to the 4 most.
Important Archaeological sites within the city of Cusco:
Sacsayhuaman: Site of mysterious stone monuments weighing as much as 200 tons! This place is thought to be a fortress in the Inca capital of Cusco. After viewing all the stone structures you will appreciate the strength of this grandiose place.
Tambomachay: Site that was destined as a water sanctuary. You will observe great structures composed of aqueducts, channels, and several waterfalls.
Puca Pucara: Place that stands out because in Incan times it functioned as a military construction site.
Kenko: Site that is presumed to be one of the most important sanctuaries of the Inca.
Your Tour Leader will give you a thorough explanation of all sites visited and answer any questions you may have. After visiting all the sites stated we will transfer you back to your hotel at approximately 6 pm. If time permits you to, we highly suggest you visit the Sacred Valley of the Incas. It is a full 1-day tour. In the end, you will be in awe of the sites visited. Come with TLP Adventure and visit more of Cusco’s wonders!
What You Must bring
- Tourist Ticket (Boleto Turistico) Not included in the price
- Money for personal expenses
- Sun Protection (sunscreen, sunglasses, hat)
- Jacket or Fleece (for the cold weather in the afternoon)
You will start your City Tour Cusco Itinerary from above and visit the most important landmarks which are the following:
Fortress of Sacsayhuaman, the Kenqo Labyrinth temple, the sources of Tambomachay life, as well as the Puka-Pukara Inca control point. After visiting these landmarks you will go down to the Main Plaza of Cusco and have a walking tour. You’ll visit the best of the city Center which includes the Cathedral of Cusco, the temple of the Sun (Qorikancha) and if you still have the energy it is recommended to visit the San Pedro market.
This tour is recommended for you to acclimate more easily to the altitude and to enjoy the most of your stay while you are in Cusco city. It is also helpful if you are planning to do other treks such as the Inca Trail, Salkantay Trek, or other alternative routes that surround the region of Cusco. Welcome to Cusco city, known as World Heritage of humanity or navel of the world.
- Bus Cusco to Vinicunca.
- Tour guide.
- Bus back to Cusco
- Tips for the trekking crew, Guides, Cooks, and porters at your discretion.
- Flight Ticket to Cusco.
- Accommodation in Cusco. (see recommendation)
- Travel Insurance. (check that your insurance covers you for treks above 4,200 masl) and (COVID-19)
This Cusco City Tour For Acclimatization is a private personalized service. We do not mix with other groups and have Licensed Tour Guides to lead you to Cusco’s treasures within the city. As a private service, you have the opportunity to ask away all the questions you may have and take as many pictures as you wish.
2 – 4 people: $180 total per group
5 –8 people: $220 total per group
Tour Leaders Peru truly cares about its Customers, Staff, and our Environment. We are Eco-friendly.
- Original passport and (ISIC student card if applicable).
- A comfortable 45 Lt trek backpack if you want to carry all your belongings.
- A small daypack to carry your personal belongings.
- Lighter style trekking boots with good ankle support or tough sport shoes, (light sandals or clogs are recommended to rest at campsites).
- Trekking poles with rubber tips. (metal tips are not allowed on the trail).
- Warm clothes, layers for variable temperature especially at night
- Thermal underwear can be worn in the sleeping bag or in cold conditions
- Gloves or mittens, scarf, wool socks, woolen hat for cold nights
- Flashlight, head torch, and extra batteries
- Camera and extra batteries, – Binoculars
- Wear a hat with a broad visor to keep the sun off your face
- Sunscreen, and sunglasses
- Personal medical kit, insect repellent
- Rain Gear: a good rain jacket, rain poncho
- Toiletries, toilet paper, small towel
- 2-liter water bottle, (disposable plastic bottles are forbidden).
- Extra money for drinks en route, Machupicchu and Aguas Calientes. ($10-15)
- Tips for (porters, cooks, guides. ($30-40) Not mandatory.
- Emergency money at least 200-300 soles. ($ 120)
Peru Trip Reviews
We are available 24/7
Get in Touch
Food & Drink
Healthy Organic Gourmet meals in all our Peru Tours
Daily Seasonal Food on each trip and Tours
Peruvian cuisine has only recently exploded onto the international culinary stage, but Peruvians have always been crazy about their nation’s culinary heritage, and they steadfastly cling to the traditional, multiculti flavors of home. Even in the face of modern gastronomic innovation. A range of climates, from high altitude to low, offers an impressive diversity of produce. Yes, that means potatoes over 3800 kinds but also a variety of corn and other grains, to say nothing of the country’s native aji chilies that are often puréed into sauces.
Coffee, Tea, Water, & Assorted Beverages
Every morning and afternoon, before and after your daily hikes you will find hot drinks and snacks in your dining tent.
*Special Diets Available Upon Request
Why You Should Travel with Tour Leader Peru?
Free luggage storage when you are traveling or Hiking with us
REI Camping Equipment for each trip
We are not affiliated with this rei.com Brand But as a local Tour operator we support local business and our customer enjoy their private Sleeping tent only for two persons to learn more in our Camping Equipment for Inca trail
Private Eco Toilets
We do not share public toilet along the Inca trail we carry our portable ECO Toilets Only for our Groups
Peruvian Gourmet Food on each Tours
Food Include in each Trek, Vegetarian option available. we really take care of your gluten-free food contact with our office for any food restriction.
Private Transportation on each trip
As a responsible tour operator in Peru, we do not share our mobility with other tourists, all our transportation is only for your group or family members.
Best Chaskis (Porters)
We do not overbear our staff, they are principal resources in this travel industry
We leave no trace
We carry all our Trash From The begging to the end of each hike keeping clean all our hiking trail
- Private and Group Tours
- Small-Group Tours (consisting of 8 people)
- Escorted Bus Tours
- Independent City Stays
- Multi-Destination Rail Packages
- Customized Travel Vacations
- Custom Groups and Individuals Packages
- Group Air Packages